Location: Headquarters of this year's BioBlitz will be at Irvine’s Landing in Pender Harbour
• All participants will need to make their own way to Irvine’s Landing or the PetroCan at Garden Bay Road
• Boats will shuttle participants from Irvine’s Landing to survey sites on neighbouring islands
If you are travelling from Vancouver:
• Take the 257 bus to the BC Ferries Terminal at Horseshoe Bay.
• Take the ferry to Langdale in Gibsons
• From Langdale Ferry Terminal take #1 or #90 bus to Cowrie Street in Sechelt then take the Sunshine Coast Connector to the PetroCan at Garden Bay Road (sunshinecoastconnector.ca)
• The Ruby Lake Lagoon Society Duck Bus will take you to Irvine’s Landing
Accommodation & Food:
• Participants are responsible for their own accommodation (with the exception of experts and volunteers)
• Some food and water will be available, but we highly recommend bringing your own food
• The BioBlitz will begin at noon on Saturday, August 12th and ends at noon on Sunday, August 13th.
• Base camp will be at Irvine’s Landing (see map above - the anchor symbol is our base camp)
• Guided hikes will be arranged with expert naturalists throughout both days
• Some kayaks and bikes will be available at sites throughout the area
• Around 5 o’clock in the evening, we will get together for dinner and some fine music
• Schedules will be provided beforehand
• We will be organizing a number of nocturnal activities for finding moths, bats and other creepy crawlies so make sure you bring a flashlight and mosquito repellent!
All participants must fill out the registration form below. You are required to register in advance so that we can schedule events accordingly. If you need to contact us for further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604.883.9201.